What is the Role of a Global Citizenship School Coordinator
The Global Citizenship Schools Coordinator is one of the most important roles and is responsible for smooth coordination, communication, and implementation of the initiative. The Global Citizenship School Coordinator is a link between the Global Citizenship Schools secretariat and their school. Coordinators play a definitive role in leading and advancing our mandate in the participating schools.
Duration of Critical Engagement
The coordinators are mandated to engage in the initiative throughout the duration of the engagement of the participating school, which is about eight weeks.
During your course with us as a Global Citizenship School Coordinator, you share a commitment with us to engage in activities such as:
- Maintain a list of teachers and students in the format provided by the Global Citizenship School secretariat (Project Implementation Tracker/Dashboard)
- Maintain teacher progress in the Project Implementation Tracker
- Ensure that designated educators support the student groups towards the progress and completion of the UNESCO MGIEP’s Global Citizenship Course by the enrolled learners.
- Supervise and support the GCED Teacher Fellows in meeting the GC Course implementation and reporting requirements.
- Raise the issue with the Global Citizenship Schools secretariat in case the learners or educators from the school face a challenge or concern.
- Ensure educators are appraised of Child Protection Policies and Protocols required to participate in the initiative online.
- Prepare and share school and student progress reports with the Global Citizenship Schools secretariat.
- Ensure the school meets the weekly and final reporting deadlines.
- Engage with the Global Citizenship School secretariat meetings and consultations.